Integrative Practice Program
Schedule & Location
The Mandala for the Autumn 2020 Integrative Practice Program is now sealed.
Feel free to email us with questions about future programs or private sessions of spiritual guidance.
Subscribe to our website for regular updates.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Together, the Integrative Practice Program Mandala will be exploring the tradition of listening, contemplating, and meditating in context, and discovering how it flows with the energy currents of life in modern Western culture.
My aspiration is that we will gain knowledge, experience, and insight into ourselves as we explore the Buddhadharma in this vivid practice of clarity.
Along the way, I will be refining instruction materials for other students to learn how to employ integrative practice in their own lives. Participation in the program thus includes consent to use of comments, feedback, and lessons from practice. Nobody will be identified in any way, nor will confidential exchanges be shared.
Here is a peek at what I love about integrative practice:
• It is found across the breadth of the Buddha’s teachings, from the Pali canon to the Mahayana and Vajrayana
• As a technique for integrating Dharma, it is content neutral, and applicable to any teaching, irrespective of Buddhist tradition
• Deceptively simple in appearance, it is a richly rewarding practice able to serve a common yet elusive aim—bringing Dharma into everyday life
• Proven effective, it is also flexible and well suited to modern culture and times
• Deeply personal by nature, it is nevertheless easy to implement
• An early fruit of the practice is empowerment—we learn to hone our Dharma practice from within our individual interests, strengths, and weaknesses
• During a time of rapid-fire spread of the Dharma, social upheaval, and dwindling attention spans, this practice prioritizes depth, stability, and purpose
INTEGRATIVE PRACTICE PROGRAM
Comparable value for Dharma offerings in the USA
$500 FOR ALL COMPONENTS
1. Opening and Closing Sessions
2. Three Instruction Weekends each include:
- two group instruction sessions (two hours each)
- one individual online private session (30 minutes each)
3. Monthly One-Hour Online Private Session
4. Sangha discussion opportunities
5. Supplementary Materials
Active participation in all program components is required for continued participation in the program.
Purchase of recommended books and other optional study or practice items is in the discretion of each participant.
INSTRUCTION & CLOISTER WEEKENDS
All dates and times are USA Mountain Time Zone
Thursday, Sep 17, 2:00 - 3:00 pm
Saturday, Sep 19, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday, Sep 20, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Saturday, Oct 17, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday, Oct 18, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Saturday, Nov 14, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sunday, Nov 15, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sat Dec 12, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
[Note: Mountain Standard Time begins November 1, 2020]
Please clear your schedule for each weekend to allow for active participation. Essential family and health obligations will be built into each individual's cloister. Unforeseen urgencies that arise during the program will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
All dates and times are USA Mountain Time Zone
Midweek Session 1: September 7-12
Midweek Session 2: September 29-October 15
Midweek Session 3: October 27-November 12
Monthly private sessions during the program focus on Integrative Practice.
Midweek sessions are scheduled individually during the above intervals.
Cloister sesions are scheduled individually on Saturday or Sunday of instruction weekends (see above for dates).
DANA OFFERING AT PRAJNA FIRE
The kindness of supporters who offer dana makes it possible for us to make our Dharma work available on a donation-optional basis. In response to their requests, the comparable value of each program we make available is listed as a benchmark for making an offering.
Rather than stating a suggested donation amount or range ourselves, offering options tailored to each program we offer leave the choice to offer dana as suitable for your circumstances in your hands, including full scholarship.
If you are able to offer the comparable value and beyond, you have our enduring gratitude. All offered funds support our Dharma work and keep our offerings accessible, despite the wealth inequities built into modern society.
We are glad to offer our programs as a reciprocal practice of generosity, and hope this approach provides both freedom and helpful information for all our supporters.
Those interested in donating to support Prajna Fire generally and the Integrative Practice Program in particular can choose from the offering options at the bottom of this page, or visit our Donations page to make an offering. 100% of offered funds support our Dharma work.
May there be abundant benefit always, in all ways, for all that lives!
- Sold OutMANDALA PLAN members$500$5000$0